Princess Planning

Now that my husbands uni has come to an end, I finally have time to write the blogs that have been on my mind these past few months.

The "Pixie Hollow Princess Project" is the major project I will be working on for the next few years, (you can read the first entry I wrote about it here) since this is such a huge task, I'm breaking it down into sections to make it easier to organise. Originally I was just picking princesses based on inspiration, but now that I've started I realize that some are going to cost much more (in terms of wigs) and take more sewing skills than others.

While Snow White was going to be the first, it actually ended up being Aurora as I lost the bag of Snow supplies and needed to start again. Snow is nearing completion while Aurora is complete.

My 2018 list of princesses are:
Aurora: completed, just waiting on being photographed
Snow White: mostly complete
Ariel: I haven't started the costume, but I already have the wig that I purchased two years ago for                    a party
Cinderella: I can attach a clip in bun to the Aurora wig and restyle, also have not started
Tiana: I can clip in a bun to my real hair, also have not started
Belle: have been recommended a good wig that is affordable, have not started. I also have an awesome idea


2019+ these are princesses that I really need higher quality wigs and skills for
Pocahantas/Jasmine: (I will be shooting Pocahontas and then styling the wig afterwards for Jasmine) I actually tried to purchase a cheap eBay wig (the same cost as my Aurora one, which I love) and it was a dud, you would think that a long straight black wig would be really basic, but it's actually one of the harder one to pull off. The lack of fringe ("bangs") means that the fake hairline is really obvious, and the lack of curls means it looks really flat because they are very thin. I didn't matter how I styled the wig I was unhappy and I didn't want to spend so much time working on garments and organise a photographer only to have the end result ruined by a bad quality wig, so I will be investing in a high quality lace front wig for a later date.
Moana: Same as the Pocahontas and Jasmine problem, I want a lace front wig and they are out of the current budget
Mulan: Complete and total lack of inspiration at the moment (plus the 2018 list is long enough)
Merida: I want to work on my applique skills for the design I have in mind. Plus that wig!
Anna: The wig I have in mind will take some styling practice (not going with the traditional braids) plus like Merida I want to work on my applique/ finer detail skills
Elsa: Wig cost, makeup skills, sewing skills, the whole lot, I'm really not ready to take this one on
Rapunzel: I have a very specific vision in mind for this shoot. It not only requires a very expensive wig, but also a posing skill level I do not posses, much needs to be done to prepare for this that I'm very much expecting it to be the last in the series.

As you can see I have my work cut out for me. I have already come leaps and bounds with my makeup and sewing skills, I'm hoping this project reflects that.

I hope to be able to blog again soon. For now, here are some makeup and wig trail shots that I have been working on these past few months, please forgive the placements of the photos, the editing on this website isn't great.

-Sami
Ariel Wig
Aurora Wig+Makeup
Horrible Long black wig
Aurora Wig+Makeup




Snow White Makeup

















Comments

  1. Looking forward to seeing them all! Love the wigs and makeup!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Wear

Revisiting an old project

The Hanky Hem Saga Part 1