Sew Fae Nursing Top




It’s so hard to find good nursing tops, let alone Faery ones! It’s even rarer to find long sleeved tops. I managed to get through summer by wearing dyed singlets and jazzing up my looks with skirts and headbands, but as winter starts to set in and layering is hard (due to the need to have easy boob access) I really want the warmest I can get. Even my local Kmart only had short sleeved. So when I saw this tunic top listed on Sew Faes facebook page, I snapped it up the minute it went on sale!
Sew Fae is a UK based company run by Olivia, who designs and makes all of the garments out of upcycled materials. Unlike some stores (TPF for example) she does not have a standard stock list where you select your garment and colour scheme to be made to order, she creates a line and you buy what’s premade for that season. I’ve had my eye on her work for ages but have been limited as to what I can buy due to the need to breastfeed. You can imagine how excited I was when this beauty was listed! Not only was it long sleeved and nursing, it was RED! Red just happens to be the colour of my wardrobe for this season! It arrived in a timely fashion and I have worn it many many times since.

The nursing part of the top is brilliant, as it’s not obvious that it’s nursing (so I can continue to wear it long after weaning) and it’s not the “flap style” which drapes over the baby’s head and annoys me. It’s not really for “discreet” feeding but I find that the discreet styles are very awkward as you need to keep prying them open, this one is perfect as I just pull the side and chuck bubs on. The top is very long, so if I were pregnant I could wear it for both pregnancy and breastfeeding but it also works well even without the belly. It doesn’t work with skirts, so I wear it with tights if it’s on the cool side and pants if on the cold side. The colours are divine and work with a red or purple based theme. It is well made and comfortable to wear.

To summarise:
Pregnancy: Top is long enough to wear all the way through (bump sizes vary of course)
Breastfeeding: Superb and easy! But not discreet
Toddler Wrangling: I can move with ease and chase her down
I highly recommend Sew Fae, Olivia is a lovely and passionate person. Her work is a joy to show up on my news feed when she updates. She has mentioned that she will try and include more nursing tops in her future lines, but you’ll have to beat me to them!

You can find Sew Fae here: https://www.facebook.com/SewFae/
                                             http://sewfae.bigcartel.com/

***I am not affiliated or endorsed by any of the brands I mention or review, I'm just an avid fan.***

Until next time!
-Sami


find me on facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/faerychicfashion/


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Wear

Revisiting an old project

The Hanky Hem Saga Part 1