Leafy Creations




 Leafy Creations

A perfect place to start this blog is Leafy Creations, a Melbourne based pixie clothing store run by the lovely Amanda. I was ecstatic to stumble across this brand whilst doing my usual rounds of hunting etsy for fairy clothes as it is EXACTLY what I am after! The idea behind it is the clothes actually look like they are cut from a plant, rather than just having plant images on them, it reminds me of the Fairies in the Tinkerbell movies (of which my two year old and I watch on a daily basis). In this post I will be specifically reviewing the Leafy print tank top and the Leafy print mini skirt as that is what I currently own. Leafy products are also ethically made over seas or by Amanda herself.


This top reminds me of Fairy Mary from Tinkerbell
The leafy print tank top is absolutely brilliant as it solves the biggest issue that I have with most custom made "festival clothes" and that is it's not a halter neck! It is unbelievably hard to find tops that are singlet or tank top style, let alone ones that can be breastfed in, that's right, you can breastfeed in these! The basic shape of this top is a triangle cut tank top, but the bottom hem is shaped in a "V" to make it more pixie styled. the whole top has a leaf texture pattern to it, which is the main feature. It flares out from under the bust and gives a very flattering shape. The fact that it's a triangle cut means that you can just pull it to the side and easily breastfeed! A feature not usually found on a garment not specifically designed for feeding, which means I can keep on wearing it even after I've weaned. Unfortunately, even though it's very stretchy fabric, I was unable to wear this during pregnancy once I got a proper baby bump. The only downside I can see with this garment is the downside to any hand made garment, and that is the care needed while washing. Because the leaf print is just that, a print, it needs to be washed on a cold delicates cycle to keep the print in tact (technically the label says to hand wash, but I throw it on a hand wash cycle of my machine) I've started doing a weekly delicates wash for all my fairy clothes to keep the amount of washing down.


Very easy to breastfeed in
In summary:
Pregnancy: Not suitable for later months
Breastfeeding: It is very easy to breastfeed in this
Toddler Wrangling: this top is so comfortable that I can easily run around after my toddler

Leaf print mini
I love my mini! it's so cute and fun! Made up of several panels and cut to resemble leaves with the same leaf textured print as featured on the tank top, you really do look like a fairy. the waistband is soft and stretchy, very comfortable and easy to move it. The only issue I came across with this garment (aside from the delicate washing needed) is that it is VERY short and does risk a bit of an undies flash (especially on a windy day whilst I'm putting the kids in the car) I combat this by wearing bike/ exercise shorts underneath, or leggings and a longer skirt. It really does make a great accessory.

In summary:
Pregnancy: I could wear it all the way through due to soft stretchy waistband
Breastfeeding: n/a
Toddler Wrangling: easy to run around in, but wear something underneath

All in all, this is a FANTASTIC brand of which I hope to collect more and more of over time! You won't be hearing the last about them from me!

*EDIT*
I have since been contacted by a few people who wash their leafies on a normal 30/40 wash and they still look fabulous! So I have started washing mine like that as well

You can find and purchase their products here:

http://www.leafycreations.com/
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/LeafyCreations
https://www.facebook.com/LeafyCreations/

See you all next time!
-Sami



Comments

  1. I've seen their stuff on Etsy, very tempted! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're having a big sale coming up in the next few days

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Wear

Revisiting an old project

The Hanky Hem Saga Part 1